This project is read-only.

Patch and developer status

Jan 16, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Edited Jan 16, 2009 at 12:40 AM
I see patches from at least two people, but no activity on the part of either the coordinator or the developer listed for this project.  Has anyone had contact with them, or has SolrSharp been abandoned by its creator?  I'm very interested in the efforts to update SolrSharp for Solr 1.3.0's new features, but have been unable to apply some of the patches listed here.  Some of those patches also appear to have been languishing for a year now without resolution.
Coordinator
Jan 19, 2009 at 6:39 AM
Hi Ryan - SolrSharp has not been abandoned, at least not intentionally.  I'm working toward getting all submitted patches acted on and/or applied as appropriate, and have received an offer of assistance to that end.  I will post details about these changes when they're available.

Thanks for your interest, it's most welcome.
Jan 20, 2009 at 3:38 AM
Fantastic.  Knowing that you're trying to get these things taken care of or at least willing to share the authority to approve and apply changes to the system helps me in justifying the argument to the senior management why we use SolrSharp and Solr instead of the expensive, proprietary solutions like E****a.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Thanks Ryan.  Look for forthcoming changes soon.